Summarising 2018- what have I learnt? What am I excited for in 2019?



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!


2018 is finally coming to an end, I say finally but it feels like it was January only a few short weeks ago! This year has definitely been a roller coaster of a year for me, a lot has happened in the last 12 months, and I have learnt a few very important lessons along the way and I can honestly say I have come out of this year feeling wiser, older and a hell of a lot more prepared for 2019, and for things to come. 
It has been a very stressful year, financially and emotionally, and at points it felt like there was no light at the end of the tunnel, it was one dark, long road with no where to turn.
It is great to say that going into 2019 does not feel like that at all. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, there is a path to follow and I am really looking forward to what is to come. 

I just want to summarise a few highlights of 2018 before we turn the page and close another chapter...

We moved into our lovely little apartment, I got a really good job at Yorkshire Building Society, I started counselling which has helped me massively throughout the year, I cut off some toxic people and I focused on those who really matter. Anthony and I managed to work through our differences and have come out even stronger and a lot closer, we have been able to spend some time on dates, going to the Bring Me The Horizon concert and plenty of trips to ice stones for waffles, we had a few really good holidays to York too. 
I managed to get debt free, which is something I have struggled with all year, and definitely did not see happening this year.

Isabella has come on leaps and bounds this year. She started walking at 18 months old and since starting nursery she has come on so well with her speech, able to put words together so we can have a bit of a conversation with a huge variety of words. She is so bright, she surprises me every single day with new things she has learned and continue to learns. I am so proud of the gentle natured child she is turning out to be, and I am super excited to see what she does next. There is never a dull moment with Isabella in our lives, she makes each day a magical adventure, one that I am honoured to be a part of. 

I feel like the hard work is slowly paying off, we have so much to look forward to next year. Anthony and I are moving in with his parents to save money for a mortgage, we have worked out a budget for saving each month, and we plan on going on a spa night away at some point to relax and rejuvenate and just enjoy some peace and quiet, which is something we have not yet had the chance to do together as a couple. We have more holidays to York planned, and hopefully there will be a proposal at some point as well...I have hinted it enough times this year! I have also applied for university again, but this time to do a course I know I have interest in and something I know I will enjoy, for no other reason than to expand my knowledge and push myself to try something new.


2018 has taught me just how important family is and that it's okay to lean on others and accept support from those around you, it has taught me to trust those I love and let them in so they can understand and support me through difficult times. I have learned to slowly break down my walls with Anthony and start talking to him about my issues instead of just pretending nothing is wrong. I have also learned that not everybody you care about and not everybody that you call a friend or family member is good for you and that it is okay to cut them out of your life if you feel they are dragging you down, or holding you back in some way. It is important that we love each other, but that we love ourselves even more, because our mental health matters. I have learnt that sometimes its better to just take some time for yourself, even if that is a simple as making time to read a few chapters of a book every night, or having a long hot bath at the end of a particularly difficult day; whatever it may be, as long as you are taking the time for yourself and looking after yourself that is all that matters.


I hope each of you have had a lovely 2018 and that 2019 is even better!



Thanks for reading, 







No comments