How To Deal With Stress




Definition of Stress; a state of mental or emotional strain or tension resulting from an adverse or demanding circumstance (google definition)






I am a stress-head. No seriously. 
If you have read my previous blog "8 Life Lessons I have learned so far" you will know I try to live by the motto "It is what it is". And I do try. A lot. But as hard as I try; sometimes stress does get the better of me. I'm a perfectionist. I like everything to be spot on so stress comes very easily to me. 

I sometimes find myself getting very overwhelmed with stress. It consumes me and whatever I am stressing about will sit in the back of my mind like a constant reminder, an irritating nag, a loud ticking noise like a bomb about to go off. I am the bomb. When I get like this there are a few things I like to do to try and ease it, things taking my daughter out in the pram or going to the gym and working it all off. 

If you're a stress-head like me then you might find a few of the things listed below helpful to you.

  1. Go for a walk/run- everybody knows exercise produces endorphins that boost our mood. So if stress is getting you down then going for a long walk or even just a short jog will help release some tension.
  2. Go somewhere quiet, maybe your room, and light some candles- A quiet, relaxed area will help    give you time to think and breathe. Being stressed makes everything feel more intense- or it does  with me- and settling down in a quiet space away from people and noise will hopefully calm you.
  3. Have a hot bath- I love a hot bath! Something about being in hot water, soaking until your skin is like a wrinkled prune really soothes me. It helps me to focus on nothing but the feel of the water which takes my mind off the stress. It allows me to think clearly. 
  4. Music- Again, music is another endorphin releasing method and the right music can really help relieve stress. Whether it's an emotional piano melody that allows you to sob all the stress away or the best hits you can find that allows you to dance it out; music is definitely a good way to relieve stress.
  5.  "A problem shared is a problem halved". Talk it out- I sometimes find talking to someone about whatever i'm stressing about can help provide clarity on the situation. It allows me get advice from an outsider and it can even help me see the situation from a different perspective.


I hope some of these tips can help you de-stress. If it does; feel free to let me know, or even if it doesn't and you have some tips of your own you'd like to share.


Love, 
         S
            xx






No comments