To All The Boys I've Loved Before Trilogy- book review





Hey Guys, 

I'm sure you have all heard about the new Netflix series To All the Boys I've Loved Before, based on the novel by Jenny Han. If you haven't then 1) do you live under a rock?! and 2) watch it, immediately! Well, after falling in love with this very film, I decided to give the books ago. For anyone who loves a good teenage romance; these are for you!


There are three books to this series: To All the Boy's I've loved Before, PS I still Love You and Always and Forever. And right now this is just about my favorite book series. I honestly couldn't put them down. I was hooked from the very first chapter.


To All The Boys I've Loved Before:

"Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written. One for every boy she's ever loved--five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control"

P.S. I Still Love You:

"Lara Jean didn't expect to really fall for Peter. But suddenly they are together for real - and it's far more complicated than when they were pretending!
A risqu� video of the two of them has been posted online. Will Lara Jean ever live it down?
Peter is spending more and more time with his ex. Has he still got feelings for her?
A boy from Lara Jean's past has returned, and so too have her feelings for him. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?"

Always and Forever, Lara Jean:

"Lara Jean is having the best senior year a girl could ever hope for. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend, Peter; her dad's finally getting remarried to their next door neighbor, Ms. Rothschild; and Margot's coming home for the summer just in time for the wedding. But change is looming on the horizon. And while Lara Jean is having fun and keeping busy helping plan her father's wedding, she can't ignore the big life decisions she has to make. Most pressingly, where she wants to go to college and what that means for her relationship with Peter. She watched her sister Margot go through these growing pains. Now Lara Jean's the one who'll be graduating high school and leaving for college and leaving her family-and possibly the boy she loves-behind. When your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?"


The main character is Lara Jean, an innocent, quirky 16 year old girl and I think I fell in love with her just as much as her boyfriend Peter Kavinsky did. I giggled, outright belly laughed and cried along with her and I found the innocent romance between her and Peter so gripping, I was rooting from them all the way!

The series made me feel so young again, I felt like a love struck teenager pining after fictional characters and wishing he was real. I am not exaggerating when I say these books made me fall in love with the idea of being in love, I smiled until my cheeks ached the entire way out. The ending to the series was perfect, exactly how I had hoped it would, my heart literally ached with love for all the characters and I will definitely be reading them again. 

Jenny Han is an absolutely amazing writer, I thoroughly enjoyed reading her work and I felt like I was right there with Lara Jean and Peter and I really struggled to put this book down, I lapped up each and every page and am already wondering how soon is too soon to start reading them again?

If you haven't read them yet, I highly suggest you get cosy with some fluffy socks, a cuddly blanket and a hot chocolate and just fall in love with the series the way I did. 







No comments