My go to make up basics!






Hey Guys,

Recently I purchased the Kat Von D foundation, recommended to me by a really good friend of mine and I can honestly say it was £27 well spent, so I thought I'd put together a little post about my go to make up basics with a review of each of them, just in case you guys are wanting to make any new makeup purchases.


Firstly, is an absolutely amazing moisturiser by l'Oreal. I use this daily as part of my morning skin routine and it has made my face so much softer. It also works as a primer for my foundation. I chose this moisturiser for normal to combination skin because my face is a mixture of greasy and dry skin but you can get these for dry and sensitive skin as well. I picked mine up from Morrisons at half price so it only cost me £4, making this only £8!







Next up is a product I purchased from Avon. It cost me about £12 and it's supposed to help reduce the look of bags under my eyes. I use this every morning with my moisturiser and I do think it helps with the look of under eye bags. As a young mum to a child growing through major sleep regressions, this product is a god send!








As I said at the top of the page, I have recently purchased the Kat Von D Lock it! foundation in the shade Cool Light. I actually went to Debenhams for a shade test for this because I wanted it to be just slightly darker than my natural skin colour as I knew if I had got my exact shade it would have made me super pale because I am naturally as pale as a ghost anyway. This foundation is literally AM-AZ-ING and the packaging is to die for! Not only is this cruelty free which I absolutely love, it is full coverage and super matte. It is so easy to apply with either a beauty blender or a foundation brush as it just glides onto the skin. It literally lasts me the entire day, which includes an hour long gym session! Oh yes, this bad boy withstands even the sweatiest skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a high street foundation!








For concealer, I use Collection Lasting Perfection ultimate wear concealer in the shade 'fair'. This product is literally £4 from Morrisons, and you can buy it anywhere like Boots and Superdrug as well. I find this product is so good for coverage and literally lasts all day as well. For such a cheap price; you really can't go wrong. 








I have tried soo many mascaras and I never seem to find one that gives me really thick and long eyelashes... until now. Rimmel London's Day 2 Night mascara is literally the BEST mascara I have ever used. No need for false eye lashes with this beauty. It has two sections, and two brushes, for length and volume so you can choose whether you want long natural looking eyelashes or the full monty. It makes my lashes soo long and thick and lasts for ages, unlike other mascaras that seem to rub off as the day goes on. This usually costs about £8-£9 in Superdrug. 







Last but not least is this amazing Instant Light Lip Conditioner Oil from Clarins. I actually got this as a gift for my birthday so I can't give a price but I know you can get it from Debenhams. It comes in different colours and flavours as well. I have it in raspberry and it leaves a soft pink tint to your lips. It leaves my lips looking and feeling soft and healthy. I absolutely love this product as I don't find it sticky either which is something I hate about lip gloss. This ticks all the boxes for me. 






I hope you guys enjoyed this post.







No comments